Sunday 25 May 2014

Fashion | Birkenstocks - Yay or Nay?!

Love them or loathe them, Birkenstock style sandals have been appearing on everyone from the Olsen twins to Vogue editors, and i've got to admit - they're growing on me.


Birkenstock Arizona Two Strap - Office £49.95

Once I got past my initial reservations of associating them with grandparents and every suburban dad - I realised, they're really not that bad. A trend that is fashionable AND comfortable - what's not to love?! Designers ranging from Givenchy to Steve Madden have even released their own versions inspired by the classic sandal.

Givenchy
Steve Madden

With the average price tag for a pair of Birkenstocks coming in at just under £50, the high street has provided some affordable and equally as stylish options. 


Topshop Slip Ons - £26 
Topshop Chunky Slip Ons - £48






















River Island Metallic Mules  - £26


My personal favourites that I will definitely be adding to my summer wardrobe are these gold metallic numbers from River Island - brought to my attention by uglyfaceofbeauty. They're super versatile and can be paired with skinny jeans, shorts or summer dresses to create an effortless, comfortable yet on trend look this season. I love the metallic shine, and think that it makes them look fun and youthful, more "me". 


Love or Loathe - whats you're opinion on this summers Birkenstock revival?!


                                                             Follow me on bloglovin / Follow me on Instagram 
         


10 comments:

  1. I am so giving a yay to Birkenstocks! They are so awesome. And comfortable. Haha, you're right. Trendy AND fashionable = love! By the way I just found your blog and it is amazing! I adore it! Followed you on GFC and Google+ :-) Keep blogging!

    http://cranberrydeer.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaay i'm glad! Thank you very much, that means a lot :)
      I love your blog too, followed!

      Delete
  2. Love the tropical design!

    Btw do you like to follow each other via GFC? let me know.
    Lou of, steal-thestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lou!
      Yes, GFC or bloglovin :)
      Love you're blog, followed on GFC

      Maxi xx

      Delete
  3. So in the middle of this trend, I just keep thinking of my dad wearing them! Some street style images look so cool but I don't know if that would actually happen in real life! Love the River Island ones though, they are a little sleeker than the actual Birkinstocks.

    aforvogue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I reaally love your blog, gave you a follow on bloglovin!
      Maxi
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Good choice but i felt in love with the givenchy ones or i would love to have a simply white ones.. byt the way i think i must buy them 'cause i like them so much!!
    By the way I've never visited your blog before..it's really interesting! Keep it up! :)
    If you want you could come to visit my blog, i would be happy to know what you think about it and stay in touch :) And if you want we could support each other here (GFC or G+) and also on our socials, just let me know on my blog :)
    Hope to hear from you soon! :)
    xx
    Cecilia
    SMILES' AVENUE

    facebook //twitter//instagram //lookbook//bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. The topshop chunky tropicals are perfect xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these are so cool! Love sliders!

    Tatyana x
    Secret little Stars
    www.secretlittlestars.com

    ReplyDelete